We’ve teamed up with the brilliant Harland Cafe to run regular Kemia (Algerian for sharing) evenings.
Buy your tickets in advance (so we know how many we’re catering for) and then turn up at 7.30 for a fabulous night of North African tastes, flavours and music with friends. The price includes three courses with
- starters – typically we’ll do deep fried bourak (savoury filo pastries) and warming chorba (soup)
- main courses for sharing – big bowls of couscous and merka (the obligatory vegetable sauce that always goes with couscous) plus delicious stews and tagines to share with your table
- desserts – sweet Algerian pastries such as makrout, topped off with fresh mint tea
Drinks are available from the bar.
We set out the tables for sharing, and if you’re lucky, Bahia will treat us to some dancing when the kitchen closes.
Feedback so far has been amazing.
Come with friends – or make friends!
“I just wanted to rave about what a fantastic time I had. It was warm, welcoming and cosy, with candles flickering on the tables. The food was absolutley delicious, three courses of beautiful home cooked food. The starter of spicy soup with filo parcels was followed by two tagines, the lamb one being my absolute favourite with the wonderful couscous of course. We had a delicious celebration cake to follow and mint tea.
But what most surprised me about the evening was sharing our table, my friend and I shared our table with four other people. We found we had so much to talk about and the evening flew by. It was such a unique experience, I am really looking forward to doing it again. Thank you for an unforgettable evening, Absolutely converted!” Heather
- “It was an awesomely delicious night,” Andy
- “Thank you all for a lovely, evening – friendly welcome, delicious food, excellent service, cabaret and the Algerian atmosphere,” Howard
- “The food and atmosphere was spot on!” Avril
- “We all enjoyed our evening!” Ken
- “We had a really good time. Great food and nice cosy venue,” Jane